- Life is full of ups and downs. Hence, parents must prepare their children to face challenges in life. They must enlighten their children that failure is an integral part of life.
- They must encourage children to save money for a rainy day.
- They must make sure that success doesn’t go to the heads of their children and ensure that children stay grounded with simplicity and humility.
- Children must always prioritize their family as first as it is the family that comes to their rescue and gives them emotional support during crises.
- Children must make their own living rather than living on the ancestral income. It gives them a sense of great satisfaction.
- Children must never forget their background and origins especially if they hail from humble origins.
- Children must invest a part of their income in continuous learning to grow as successful personalities.
- Children must not worry too much about the future which cannot be predicated and on their unpleasant past that cannot be changed. They must focus only on the present to lead their lives happily.
- Children must work for satisfaction, not for recognition. When they work for their satisfaction, they will strive for excellence to deliver their best. It paves the way for their recognition ultimately.
Thursday, 3 July 2014
“The Lessons Parents must Share with their Children” - Professor M.S.Rao
“My mother drew a distinction between achievement and success. She said that achievement is the knowledge that you have studied and worked hard and done the best that is in you. Success is being praised by others, and that's nice, too, but not as important or satisfying. Always aim for achievement and forget about success.” - Helen Hayes
The most parents are concerned about the future of their children. They often think of giving away wealth to their children to secure their future. Some parents think of imparting education to their children. Likewise, all parents think of giving away to their children as per their capacities and resources to secure the lives of their children. In fact, they must think beyond these things in the current context.
The world has become highly complex with lots of challenges. Hence, parents must prepare their children to face challenges in life. They must provide good education to enable their children to stand up on their feet firmly with courage and confidence. They must instill character and discipline among their children. It is the character that will help them throughout their lives, and it is the discipline that will keep them aligned to values and morals. Although the list of sharing lessons to children is very lengthy, here are some of the lessons the parents must share with their children:
Remember, success is a journey, not a destination. Unfortunately, people treat success as a destination thus forgetting to enjoy their journey of life. Hence, prioritize what is important to you and close to your heart and pursue the same to lead a happy and exciting life. Life is really great!
“It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.” – Ernest Hemingway
If you like this article, Like me and share me Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Professor-MSRao/451516514937414
Life is great!
Listed in Marquis Who's Who in the World in 2013
Professor M.S.Rao Born for the Students
21 Success Sutras for Leaders: Top 10 Leadership Books of the Year (San Diego University) Amazon URL: http://www.amazon.com/21-Success-Sutras-Leaders-ebook/dp/B00AK98ELI
Thanks for reading!
Kindly share your thoughts and comments below, I’m sure someone out there will find your story useful.
Copyright©2014 MSR Leadership Consultants India. All Rights Reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
This is an educational blog for free sharing of knowledge, not for commercial use. Please don't cut articles from my blog and redistribute by email or post to the web. The use of this material is free provided copyright is acknowledged and reference or link is made to the Blog http://professormsrao.blogspot.com This material may not be sold, or published in any form, or used in the provision of business services to a third party without permission.