Thursday 3 July 2014

“Is Unemployment an Opportunity for Your Quick Career Growth?" - Professor M.S.Rao



“In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity” – Albert Einstein


Most people treat unemployment as a bane. In fact, it can be a boon if you know how to convert your unemployment period as a great opportunity to excel as an entrepreneur. There are people who are smart to convert their threats into opportunities. There are people who look at the door that is opened rather than the one that is closed. It all depends on the mindset of the people.

I was unemployed for almost two years due to recession, four years ago. I tried very hard for employment opportunities. I got some employment offers but that did not suit my profile and passion. I did not compromise. Hence, I started to author books and conducted training programs to various companies to build leaders. Initially the income was meager but gradually I started to earn more money from my training programs. I was able to concentrate on research in the area of leadership and finally coined a new leadership style ‘Soft Leadership’. I innovated and created new tools and techniques in teaching and training. I started to interact various leaders from all industries and built my global brand. My career growth wouldn’t have been possible if I were employed. Although it was very challenging financially, it helped me build my brand globally. I started earning more money than that of an employee as I set up my consultancy firm and started providing training programs and offering consultancy services.   

In fact, unemployment period helped me reflect deeply to work in unexplored areas and concentrate on niche areas. It helped me connect with eminent international management thinkers who appreciated my books and wrote forewords to brand and evolve myself as an international leadership guru.

There are people who converted recession into an opportunity. Globally top companies were born during the Great Depression period. During recession companies shed their flab by cutting down their costs and concentrate on unexplored areas. It helps companies restructure and reinvent accordingly. Similarly, unemployment is an opportunity to fast-track your career growth and to reinvent yourself. There are people who converted the threat of their unemployment into an opportunity to excel as entrepreneurs.


“The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.” - Winston Churchill



If you like this article, Like me and share me Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Professor-MSRao/451516514937414




Life is great!

Listed in Marquis Who's Who in the World in 2013
Professor M.S.Rao Born for the Students
21 Success Sutras for Leaders: Top 10 Leadership Books of the Year (San Diego University) Amazon URL: http://www.amazon.com/21-Success-Sutras-Leaders-ebook/dp/B00AK98ELI




Thanks for reading!

Kindly share your thoughts and comments below, I’m sure someone out there will find your story useful.



Copyright©2014 MSR Leadership Consultants India. All Rights Reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.

This is an educational blog for free sharing of knowledge, not for commercial use. Please don't cut articles from my blog and redistribute by email or post to the web. The use of this material is free provided copyright is acknowledged and reference or link is made to the Blog http://professormsrao.blogspot.com  This material may not be sold, or published in any form, or used in the provision of business services to a third party without permission.


No comments:

Post a Comment