Wednesday 1 January 2014

“My New Year Resolutions - 2014” - Professor M.S.Rao



"Your purpose explains what you are doing with your life. Your vision explains how you are living your purpose. Your goals enable you to realize your vision." -- Bob Proctor


Everyone sets New Year resolutions. The main intention is to give up what doesn’t work, and to take up what works in life with a clear focus. It helps us focus intensively on the areas in which we intend to grow to provide meaning to our lives.

My vision is to build one million Indian students as global leaders by 2030 as I am passionate about Indian students. Hence, I have decided to make major changes in my activities and schedules in this year to provide more meaning to my life. Last year went on well with unexpected international achievements including my book – ‘21 Success Sutras for Leaders’ being listed as one of the Top Ten Leadership Books by San Diego University, USA, and being the first Indian to be awarded with international honor – ‘International Coach of the Year 2013’ by Coaching U, America.  Here are the major changes I intend to make in this year to achieve effectiveness, and to reach out to more students by sharing my knowledge.

  • Changing my existing practices and activities that are unproductive.
  • Eliminating individuals who don’t fit into my passion and vision.
  • Eliminating fake followers from my list who lack commitment, and who don’t provide any free service to the society.
  • Inviting new students who are passionate about me and my vision for discussion to share my passion to build one million students as global leaders. If I am convinced, I will include their names in the dedication list of my upcoming leadership books. It helps them during their employment interview apart from remaining as a lifetime gift.
  • Extending opportunities like providing free leadership training to them to groom them as global leaders.
  • Accepting more invitations from educational institutions and corporate to share my knowledge.
  • Participating aggressively in Non Governmental Organizations (NGOs) and nonprofits to share my lifetime vision and knowledge.
  • Picking up the good horses and building them into strong teams to accomplish my vision.
  • Focusing on core areas that are close to my heart where I can make a greater difference to the global society.

This is how I want to move forward aggressively in this year. Hence, you can take a few leaves out of my resolutions, and customize as per your passion and vision to bring a positive change to the society. Wishing you good luck!


“To succeed in your mission, you must have single-minded devotion to your goal.” - Abdul Kalam



If you like this article, Like me Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Professor-MSRao/451516514937414




Life is great!

Listed in Marquis Who's Who in the World in 2013
Professor M.S.Rao Born for the Students
21 Success Sutras for Leaders: Top 10 Leadership Books of the Year (San Diego University) Amazon URL: http://www.amazon.com/21-Success-Sutras-Leaders-ebook/dp/B00AK98ELI




Thanks for reading!

Kindly share your thoughts and comments below, I’m sure someone out there will find your story useful.



Copyright©2014 MSR Leadership Consultants India. All Rights Reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.

This is an educational blog for free sharing of knowledge, not for commercial use. Please don't cut articles from my blog and redistribute by email or post to the web. The use of this material is free provided copyright is acknowledged and reference or link is made to the Blog http://professormsrao.blogspot.com  This material may not be sold, or published in any form, or used in the provision of business services to a third party without permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment